Property prices in Spain are still on the rise, as show the indices of various institutions over the third quarter. But growth is decreasing compared to last year. The decrease could be explained by the fact that fewer houses were sold.
House prices are expected to rise by 5.5% this year, but this growth will gradually decline to 3.3% in 2022. Experts expect that the demand will stay strong in the coming years.
An overview of different growth indices (growth compared to 2018):
- The Ministry of Public Works sets the growth at 3.1% for the second quarter
- The National Institute of Statistics sets the growth at 5.3% for the second quarter
- The Spanish Land Registrars’ Association sets growth at 8.3% for the second quarter
- The Association of Spanish Notaries sets the growth at -1.1% for the month of July
- Tinsa calculates a growth of 2.8% for the month of August
- Idealista.com sets the growth in resale prices at 4.2% for the month of September
As the figures show, prices fall according to data from the Association of Spanish Notaries. Moreover, these figures don’t tell us anything about the various local markets, because the situation can vary enormously per city and region. The housing market is pre-eminently a local affair.
An explanation for the slowdown in growth could be the fact that fewer houses were sold. According to the Association of Spanish Notaries, the decrease was 18.6% in the month of June and 20.8% in the month of July.
Source: Spanish Property Insight
Do you have questions about this article? Please let us know.
Are you interested in buildings in Barcelona for sale, market information or to ask us your question, please see the links hereunder.
Our offer Buildings For Sale in Barcelona
When you are interested in buildings, hotels and plots for sale in Barcelona, you are welcome to visit:
- Residential Buildings Barcelona
- Office & Co-working Buildings Barcelona
- Hotels Barcelona & Area
- Plots Barcelona & Area
Free Info Graphics & Flash Reports
Let us know if you want to receive periodically our Info Graphics and Flash Reports. Examples:
- Prices Barcelona, euros/m2 per district
- Hotel Investments Spain, +700% in five years
- Student Housing Spain, not enough rooms
- Office trends Spain: A-class, Co-working & International
Do you want more information?
Call us at 0034 93 215 12 23
Or mail us to email@example.com
We will anwer you within one working day