In order to ensure that the liquidity of Spanish companies would not be put under further strain during the emergency, the Spanish authorities have made it possible to defer the payment of social security contributions.
With immediate effect, all companies, regardless of size or sector, can request a deferral of the payment of the employer’s social security contributions for the months of March, April, May and June 2020.
- Requests for postponement must be submitted before the 10th of each month.
- The deferred payment shall be paid in equal installments for a period of 6 months (based on the currently available information, changes are possible).
- The interest rate is 0.5%.
- The first payment to be postponed (March) concerns only the period 14/03-31/03.
- There shall be no other deferral arrangements or arrears.
- No ERTE should have been applied for (temporary lay-offs and reductions in working time).
In the course of the next few weeks, the government will also clarify a moratorium scheme (suspension without interest) which, in addition to the deferral settlement described above, will apply to the social security contributions of April, May and June. In all likelihood, there will be certain restrictions on the moratorium (sectors, number of employees, turnover). We will inform you as soon as there is more clarity.
More news on COVID-19 measures in Spain
- State guaranteed financing
- New economic emergency measures COVID-19
- Spanish government announces first corona measures
Our offer Buildings For Sale in Barcelona
When you are interested in buildings, hotels and plots for sale in Barcelona, you are welcome to visit:
- Residential Buildings Barcelona
- Office & Co-working Buildings Barcelona
- Hotels Barcelona & Area
- Plots Barcelona & Area
Free Info Graphics & Flash Reports
Let us know if you want to receive periodically our Info Graphics and Flash Reports. Examples:
- Prices Barcelona, euros/m2 per district
- Hotel Investments Spain, +700% in five years
- Student Housing Spain, not enough rooms
- Office trends Spain: A-class, Co-working & International
Do you want more information?
Call us at 0034 93 215 12 23
Or mail us to email@example.com
We will anwer you within one working day